Adding a Poll
- Begin by accessing Live Polling from within Assessment and clicking the Add Poll icon.
- The General Tab will open automatically after you’ve clicked to add a poll. This is where you will define Basic Poll Settings. The other tabs allow you to define optional settings and Advanced Settings for the poll.
- Once you have defined all settings, finish adding the poll by clicking the green Add Poll button on the bottom right of the screen.
- To edit, delete, or review information such as Access Reports, Activity Log, and Content Details, use the content action icons at the top right of the screen.
Deleting a poll here will delete the entire poll, including questions and any responses.
- Once the poll has been created, the Add Questions button can be used to create new questions for the poll. There are two questions types: Multiple Choice and True/False
- Once questions have been added new buttons will become available for managing the poll.
- Some of the buttons displayed will depend on the status (Draft, Open, or Closed) of the poll.
- If the poll is still in draft mode the following buttons will be available:
- Release Poll - if all settings are complete, and all questions have been added, then use this button to release the poll to begin asking questions.
- Manage Questions – used to create new and edit existing questions.
- Copy Poll – Creates an exact copy of the poll. This is useful if you wish to re-create the poll or make changes but maintain the original poll. The poll must contain questions in order to create a copy.
- Upon the release of the poll, the buttons will change according to the functions available:
- Ask Questions – used to begin asking questions, one at a time. The total number of questions and the number of asked, unasked, and ended questions are also listed on this page.
- Close Poll – closes poll so that questions can no longer be asked.
- View Questions – once released, questions cannot be managed, but they can be viewed. The ‘Share Question Link’ can also be accessed when viewing as well.
- Poll Reports - provides information regarding the number of questions within a poll, points available within a poll, and statistical data about a poll’s questions and student participation for a poll.