Creating Announcements & Settings
- Begin by accessing Announcements from within Information and clicking the Add Announcement icon.
- The General Tab will open automatically after you’ve clicked to add an announcement. This is where you will define the Subject which is a mandatory field.
- Additional settings are available within the General tab.
- Details is where you will place the Announcement content. Here you can also name the Contributor (the administrator that is creating the content), and apply a Category. Adding Categories to your content aids in your department's curriculum mapping.
- Tags allows you to add tags to your content so that you may easily find content associated with a particular tag. Tags can also aid in your department's curriculum mapping.
- Location Information could provide students with the location of an event mentioned in the announcement.
- Calendar Settings allows you to publish the date/time that the announcement will be displayed on the Content Calendar and the What’s New list. Duration sets how long the event will be visible on the Calendar.
This does not affect the actual availability of the announcement. Availability settings must be set from the Availability Tab.
- Selecting a Released date sets the date/time that the announcement becomes available to students. If the announcement is released and the release date is set to a future date/time then the announcement will not be available until that date/time.
- The Expiration date sets a date/time in which the announcement becomes unavailable. Once an announcement expires it will no longer be visible to students within Information.
- If you want to show the announcement in Content you must first submit the announcement creation then return and edit the announcement. The Show in Course/Site Content checkbox will now be located on the Availability Tab. Click the checkbox to create a content item in Content for the announcement.
This is not available during the creation of the announcement and will only become available if you edit an existing announcement. You can also create the announcement from within Content.
- Priority – Announcements are classified by administrators as High, Normal or Low Priority. This does not affect the announcement placement on the list or release dates that have been set but serves as a visual cue for students regarding the announcement status.
- High Priority - displayed in Content with red text.
- Normal Priority (Default) - displayed in Content with green text.
- Low Priority - displayed in Content with orange text.