Even if the grade has not yet been released, grading may have begun for your entry. Once your instructor has begun grading your journal entry you can no longer upload additional files, update, or make changes to your entry.
- Begin by clicking Journal from within Communication in the Left Navigation.
If your instructor chooses, Journal may also appear in sequence within Content.
- Click the name of the Journal you wish to use.
- There are two types of Journals:
- Journals that allow for only one submission. You cannot edit your submission but it can be deleted, by clicking the red trash can icon, so that a new submission can be made. The submission date and time will be updated to the most recent submission.
- Journals that allow for multiple submissions. There is no limit on the number of submissions allowed. Journal entries will be listed in order below the Journal Entry field with the most recent entry at the top of the page.
- Journal submissions are created in the Journal Entry field. The text editor may be used to edit the journal text. Journals do not allow for attachments, however photos can be copied and pasted into the Journal Entry.
- Once you have made your Journal submission you can download a submission receipt by clicking the blue button at the bottom of the entry. This receipt can be used as confirmation of your submission.
- If the instructor has set a Due Date for the journal entry then you will see the date and time listed at the top of the page.
The instructor has the ability to denote whether late submissions will be accepted. If late entries are not accepted then no submissions can be entered once the Due Date has passed and the Journal Entry field will no longer be available.
- Directions for the journal entry may also be listed at the top of the page in a yellow text box.
- Your instructor may chose to leave you Instructor Feedback pertaining to your entry. This feedback is available from within the journal itself. The instructor may also leave you Grade Feedback which is available from within the Gradebook in addition to the journal itself. Typically, Grade Feedback is only visible after grades have been released unless otherwise indicated by your instructor.
- The Journals available in a course are labeled based on the status of your submission: