Weighting Ungrouped Gradebooks
- Click the yellow settings icon from within the Gradebook to modify the Gradebook settings.
- Click to edit the Gradebook Calculations.
- Choose “Weighted Assignments”
- A list of the assignments in the Gradebook will be displayed along with the option to enter a weight percentage for each assignment.
- Weight percentages can be manually adjusted by clicking and typing within the Weight (%) field. It does not matter how the weights are distributed; it is only important that the total percentage be equal to 100%.
The Weight (%) field will be highlighted in red until all assignments are given a percentage and the total percentage is equal to 100%. Once these two criteria are met, the Weight (%) field will be highlighted in green and the green save button will become available.
- Click the “Weight Assignment evenly” check box if you would like all assignments to be given an equal percentage within the Gradebook.
Only non-extra credit assignments and those assignments used in calculations will be evenly weighted.
- Assignments weighted evenly using this feature will weight according to the process depicted above.