HSC faculty can utilize our technology-rich classrooms to enhance student learning and engagement by using these integrated technologies and applications.
- Solstice transforms the learning experience for students by enabling group collaboration, enriching lesson content, and facilitating team-enabled learning.
- Doceriis the professional iPad interactive whiteboard and screencast recorder with sophisticated tools for hand-drawn graphics and built-in remote desktop control.
- LadiBug document cameras can be used in the classroom to project writing materials, notes, annotations, handouts, graphic depictions or content that enhances student discussion, comprehension and engagement.
- SOLE Live Polling can be used to check comprehension, enhance engagement and facilitate learning during class. Live Polling requires no clickers and can be utilized from the student's phone or laptop to engage in poll questions asked by the instructor. Live Polling provides real-time results that can be released by instructors, as well as the ability to grade polls for correct answers and participation.
Conduct Remote Learning
- Zoom is a simple web conferencing application that is configured in HSC classrooms to enhance distance/remote education. Connect with your classroom of students from one offsite location.
- Webcasting through MDTV allows for students and offsite participants to watch a class or event live as it is happening.
- Webinars through MDTV allow students and participants to register ahead of time and can be tracked for credit. This view only resource allows for live chat for questions and is a great option for synchronous distance learning and Continuing Education Credits.
- Blackboard Collaborate Ultra is a great solution for conducting synchronous sessions for remote/online students.
- Panopto allows for traditional lecture capture in our HSC classrooms and at your local computer. These recordings can assist in flipping your classroom, providing review opportunities in rich, high definition video.
- Try out the HSC Podcast suite located in room G290 HSS for a quality recording with all necessary software, equipment and reduced interruption.
- Need more of a professional, packaged look? MDTV has a full production studio that offers professional video shoots and green screen options.
Please complete the following request form to learn more information on available HSC Classroom Technology or active learning.