Published Thursday, June 2, 2022
Health Sciences Center faculty have access to Classroom Technology that can provide the best learning environment for both students and faculty.
- Solstice transforms the learning experience for students by enabling group collaboration, enriching lesson content, and facilitating team-enabled learning.
- Doceri is a professional iPad interactive whiteboard and screencast recorder with tools for hand-drawn graphics and built-in remote desktop control.
- Ladibug document cameras can be used to project writing materials, notes, annotation, handouts, graphic depictions, or content that enhances student discussion and comprehension.
SOLE Live Polling can be used to check comprehension, enhance engagement and facilitate learning during class. Live Polling requires no clickers and can be utilized from student's phone or laptop to engage in poll questions asked by the instructor. Live Polling provides real-time results that can be released by instructor, as well as the ability to grade polls for correct answers and participation.
- Webcasting through MDTV allows for students and offsite participants to watch a class or event live as it is happening.
- Webinars through MDTV allow students and participants to register ahead of time and can be tracked for credit. This view only resource allows live chatting for questions and is a great option for synchronous distance learning and Continuing Education Credits.
- Panopto allows for traditional lecture capture in HSC classrooms and on local computers. These recordings can assist in flipping your classroom and providing review opportunities in rich, high definition video.
- Try out the HSC Podcast suite located in room G290 HSS for quality recordings with all necessary software, equipment and reduced interruption.
- Need more of a professional, packaged look? MDTV has a full production studio that offers professional video shoots and green screen options.