Student Instructions Prior to Exam
- Prior to exam, Download Zoom locally and install. You will not be able to use the web client of Zoom.
- Run a Speed Test.
- Make sure your computer is in working order and that you have a fast, reliable internet connection.
- Verify your webcam, microphone and speakers are installed and working correctly.
- You are not allowed to wear headphones, earbuds, mobile devices, iWatch or additional electronic devices.
- Keep your hands within camera range and keep your eyes on the monitor.
- Dress appropriately as if you were coming on-campus. You will be recorded during the entire exam.
- Choose an area you know will be quiet and free from distractions. A bedroom or secured study room with a locking door is best because no else should be present while you take your exam. If you have pets at home keep them secured in another room or in a kennel if needed. If you have children, make sure they are with a sitter in separate room.
- Students cannot leave the room once the exam has starts.
- Remove books, papers, notes, pens, phone and other items from your immediate testing area.
- Test LockDown Browser provided either by your course administrator or visit the HSc Computer Program course if you are a Laptop Program Student.
Launching Zoom and Your Exam
Open the Zoom desktop client.
Enter the room by clicking Join a Meeting.
Enter the meeting ID number
and your display name. Display name should be entered as your full first and last name matching your WVU Photo ID.
Next select Join by Computer Audio.
Make sure you can see yourself in the preview window and continue on into the meeting.
If you need assistance please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 304-293-3631 option 1 for remote assistant. A technician from the HSC Help Desk will assist.
Zoom Room and Exam Procedure
- At entry to Zoom you may be muted by the proctor.
- You must always share video and audio.
- Your proctor will walk you through the authentication process.
- Your proctor will provide the password via chat.
- You will agree to an Academic Integrity Statement either before the exam and/or as part of the exam.
- Once you launch the exam you will be prompted as usual to take the exam with the LockDown Browser.
- You will no longer see the Zoom room while in the examination but you will have audio. You can reduce the volume of your speakers but your mic must always be enabled.
- Be in a private, well-lit room and check lighting with your camera. Room lighting must be day-light quality and overhead lighting is preferred. If overhead lighting is not possible, please make sure your light source is not directly behind you because it will make it difficult for your proctor to see you .
- Clear your work space.
- Have your university photo I.D. ready. Driver’s License is not permitted.
- Have a reflective surface handy.
- Close all third-party programs.
- No duplicate computer monitors.
- You must always be on Camera and centered.
- You must always have your video and audio shared.
- No mobile devices, headphones, earbuds, iWatch or additional electronic devices.
- No hats, hoods or non-religious head covering