When adding a Content Object, the first screen you will encounter is the General tab. You will be required to enter certain information, but all other information is optional. Typically, you must only add up to 2 pieces of information to create a new content object. However, it is recommended that you assign your content some of the additional settings available.
The General tab will differ for each Content/Tool Object type.
- To access the General tab, navigate to the tool or object you would like to edit (when creating Content Objects, the General Tab will open by default).
- Click the Edit icon on the top right of the main content area.
- Basic Settings Include:
- File Title - This is the name that will appear in the content list.
- File Path - This allows you to browse the File Manager to upload or locate a file to link to Content (this is not available on all types of content.).
- Description - Can be used to add a description of what the content object is (this is not available on all types of content.).
- Contributor - Select the administrator or role that is creating the content. Click your mouse in the Contributor box, then choose the appropriate role from the list.
- Category - Add categories to your content to aid in your department's curriculum mapping. For example, adding the category "Lab" to all of your department's course content labs allows your students to search ONLY content that has been added to the "Lab" category across all of their courses. This works best with departmental coordination in selection of categories.