The SOLE LockDown Browser is a secure browser for taking exams in SOLE. It prevents users from printing, copying, going to another URL, or accessing other applications during an exam. If an exam has the SOLE LockDown Browser enabled, users will not be able to take the test with a standard web browser. SOLE LockDown Browser should only be used for taking SOLE exams. It should not be used in other areas of SOLE.
Note to Yoga S1 Edge users: Do NOT take a LockDown Exam in tablet mode.
- Begin by closing all programs, unless one is used to connect you to the Internet.
- In SOLE enter the correct course from the SOLE Homepage.
Note: You must access the Lockdown browser by launching the exam within SOLE. Do not open the Lockdown browser first and then attempt to access your exam. This will not work correctly.
- Select the Exams tool from within Assessment and select the correct exam. The exam may also be accessed from with course Content if your instructor has linked it there.
- Click the green Launch Exam button. If the exam requires a password you will need to enter the password before launching the exam. This password will be provided by your instructor.
- While in the exam you will not be able to leave the LockDown Browser. Once a test has been started with the SOLE LockDown Browser, you cannot exit until the Submit button is clicked.
- If a calculator has been enabled for this exam you will be able to access it by clicking the green View Calculator button on the top right of your screen.
- Once the exam is submitted the browser will return to the exam’s page but you will remain within the LockDown Browser. You must click on the X in the top right corner twice to exit the LockDown Browser.
- You can also click the gray “Exit LockDown Browser” button on the Exam Details page to exit.