- After you have uploaded your content to the File Manager, click Content.
- You can now link the uploaded files from the File Manager to existing content or create new content to link to.
- If you are adding new content begin by choosing the type of content you would like to add. The following types of content will allow you to link files from the File Manager:
- Folder - Create a folder(s) to organize your content.
- Page – Adds an Information Block.
- File – Link to a Zip, Word, Excel, PDF, or graphic files located in the File Manager.
- Link – Add a link to an internal or external file.
- Multiformat – Add an object in multiple formats. Use when uploading different formats of the SAME file. For example, you may upload both the Word document and its PDF version. Or you may upload a PowerPoint and then later attached a Relay recording of your lecture.
- Announcement – Add an Announcement (You can also add Announcements within Information).
- Linking files to Content will require you to provide a Title and File path for the content. The Title is how the content will be displayed to users while the File path links the uploaded content within the File Manager you wish to display. To link your content click the Browse button and choose the file from the File Manager.
If you have not already uploaded your files to the File Manager can upload them now. Clicking Browse opens the File Manager. Click Add to upload to the File Manager. The file path field will populate automatically once uploaded.
- You have the option of linking your syllabus and course schedule to the Information section rather than the Content. Uploading these files as a PDF allows students to view a preview of the file within SOLE in addition to opening, downloading, and viewing the file.