Tools can be enabled and disabled from the Tools tab by checking or un-checking the check boxes next to each Tool. The "Enable All Tools" button can be used to enable all tools within the course.
The "View from content only" check boxes can be used to post content from certain tools to Course Content but not within the Tool itself. For example, if you would like to create an Exam and post it within Content but do not wish for students to access it through Assessment on the left navigation.
Tools are grouped by Standard Tools, Information Tools, Communication Tools, and Assessment Tools:
- Basic LTI - Allows creating links to other tools via basic LTI.
- Course Content - Displays folders and other content files.
- Links - Additional links to resources.
- Announcements - Time-sensitive notifications.
- Calendar - Course/Site-related events.
- Faculty - Describes the professional and personal interests of the instructor(s).
- Roster - List and photos of course/site participants.
- Schedule - Course/Site Schedule.
- Small Groups - Instructor-assigned groups.
- Syllabus - Course/Site outline or summary of topics.
- Textbooks - Required and optional textbooks.
- Chat - Real-time communication (synchronous).
- Collaborate (Classic) - To be discontinued at the end of Fall 2019.
- Collaborate Ultra (beta) - Delivers an open, education-focused online collaboration platform.
- Discussions - Discussion board (asynchronous).
- Forms - Simple forms creation.
- Journal - Private communication between student and instructor.
- Mailing List - Send email to site participants.
- Media - Downloadable audio and video recordings.
- Signup List - Flexible event or topic registration.
- Assignments - Submit assignments for review or grading.
- Exams - Online exams and self study tests.
- Gradebook - Student grades and scores.
- Live Polling (beta) - Live in-classroom polling with real-time results.
- ProctorU - A simple instructor dashboard integration of ProctorU, a remote proctoring platform.
- Surveys - Tool to evaluate or collect data.
- TurnItIn - Assignment submission for plagiarism detection.