There are multiple types of survey questions that can be used in the survey tool which can be added directly into the survey itself:
- Text Box – question type that lets respondent write their answer in boxes and should be used for shorter answers such as a word, a phrase, or a sentence.
- Text Area – question type that lets respondent write their answer in boxes and should be used for longer answers, such as a paragraph or short essay.
- Check List – question type in which answers are listed and the respondent checks one or multiple answers.
- Drop Down List – question type in which the respondent chooses one answer from a drop down menu list of options.
- Option List – question type in which the respondent chooses one answer from a list of options.
- Rating – question type in which the respondent rates something along a well-defined, evenly spaced continuum. Text is entered for each of the rating options and a numerical value is assigned so that answers can be compared and calculated within Survey Reports. There is also a check box that can be checked to include an 'N/A' option.
- Slider - similar to a rating question, this question type allows users to select a number to represent their rating by using a drag bar to indicate their preference level. The question must be well-defined so that the scale is clear. The number range is set during the creation of the question and users can slide in increments of 0.5.
Check List, Drop Down List, Option List, and Rating questions are defaulted to allow 4 answer options. If you would like to add more answer options you can do so by clicking the Add Another Answer button. Slider questions default to range from 0-5 but this can be altered by editing the range start and end numbers during question creation.