Even if the grade has not yet been released, grading may have begun for your entry. Once your instructor has begun grading your assignment you can no longer upload additional files, update, or make changes to your entry.
- Begin by clicking Assignments from within Assessment in the Left Navigation.
If your instructor chooses, Assignments may also appear in sequence within Content.
- Click the name of the Assignment you wish to use.
- There are three types of Assignments:
- Assignments that do not require a submission may be used to give directions for work within the course that does not need an electronic submission to complete.
- Assignments that allow for only one submission. You cannot edit your submission but it can be deleted, by clicking the "Delete This Submission" button, so that a new submission can be made. The submission date and time will be updated to the most recent submission.
- Assignments that allow for multiple submissions. There is no limit on the number of submissions allowed. Assignment entries will be listed in order below the Assignments Entry field with the most recent entry at the top of the page.
- Assignments submissions can either be created in the Assignment Text field and/or uploaded as an Assignment File (maximum size limit of 250 MB). The text editor may be used to edit the assignment text. Multiple files can be uploaded to one Assignment as well; please view the Uploading Files into SOLE Help pages for more information on how to do this.
Once submissions have been made to assignment you can review them under the "Your submissions" section of the Assignment page. If you attempted to attach a file, but it is not listed here, this means that the file was not successfully uploaded.
- While you can add text and format it using the HTML toolbar, you can also embed a video into your submission by clicking the “YouTube” button on the HTML toolbar. Paste the copied embed code from YouTube OR the video’s URL into the appropriate field. You may also choose a start time for the video. When you are finished click OK to save. The video will now be embedded into the submission.
- Once you have made your assignment submission you can download a submission receipt by clicking the "Get Submission Receipt" button below the entry. This receipt can be used as confirmation of your submission.
The receipt will display the Assignment Text and list any attached files. If you attempted to attach a file, but it is not displayed on your receipt, this means that the file was not successfully uploaded.
- If the instructor has provided a Description or Directions for the assignment it will be listed at the top of the page.
- If the instructor is grading the assignment using a Rubric you can view this rubric by clicking the "Review the Grading Rubric" button at the top of the page.
The instructor has the option not to display the rubric for your assignment. Therefore it is possible for a rubric to be used but not be available for you to view. Contact your instructor if you cannot view a rubric and believe that you should be able to do so.
- If the instructor has set a Due Date for the assignment entry then you will see the date and time listed at the top of the page.
The instructor has the ability to denote whether late submissions will be accepted. If late entries are not accepted than no submissions can be entered once the Due Date has passed and the Assignment Entry field will no longer be available.
- The Assignments available in a course are labeled based on the status of your submission:
- When reviewing an Assignment you have already submitted to, you will see "Grade" and "Your submissions" sections:
- Grade - Displays your Grade and Grade Feedback once entered and released by the instructor.
- Your Submissions - This will display the date and time of your entry/entries. If the instructor has left you submission feedback or uploaded Instructor Files they will be available here as well. Use the download button to download any uploaded files. You may also get a submission receipt and delete your submission from here as well.